Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Inked Thanks ...

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Does anyone else feel like it takes forever for the weekend to get here? Because I sure do!

Today I'm spending time at Survivors' Day with Sue-Ann and my mom as Sue-Ann does TONS of work for the Rays of Hope and mom and I are helping out at today's event! So in my absence I figured I'd post a little project for you!

I've been playing a little more with my alcohol inks lately and looking up new techniques to use them! I recently ordered packages of glossy paper to use with them but of course got impatient and tried out a project anyways! It would have looked different had it been done on the glossy paper as suggested, but I'm still excited about the outcome!
I used 3 different colors of Alcohol Ink and the blending solution.  Alcohol Ink dries in seconds, literally which is why the glossy paper helps in the crafting process, but did I mention I'm impatient and couldn't wait?! So I tried it with regular cardstock and it didn't come out half bad! The Thanks stamp is from Stampin' Up and was actually in a free set that I got during their March    
Sale-a-bration!


I didn't want to take away from the inked area and stamp so I just used a simple black ribbon to give the card a more finished look.


This stamp is from a Martha Stewart set that I bought a while back super cheap and FINALLY used for the first time! (I love when I use things for the first time, makes me feel better about the money I spent! ha ha) I used Stayz On for the stamp because it's VERY black and I knew it would be able to show up over colors in the back.



So there you have it, a quick and easy card! One piece of advice, this ink stains! So make sure you protect your crafting surface! I used an old Cricut mat that didn't have enough stick for the machine anymore but will still hold the paper for something like this! A great way to get a little more out of your mats, and your money! Stay tuned for more Alcohol Ink projects once I get my package in from Joann Fabrics.com!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Happy Crafting!

~Meg


1 comment:

  1. That's very pretty Meg! I love the colors! Would you believe I've made my first layout?!? It's for the E2 challenge, but I think I'm going to post it on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete