Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Little Behind!

Hi! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends thus far!

As for me, I spent a lot of time cleaning, doing laundry and helping a friend plan a Disney trip for her son's 5th Birthday! THEN I finally got up to the craft room!

This is a LO that I made last weekend but with all the festivities and LONG week at work, I hadn't been able to post it yet, so here it is!


For just about ever I was the "queen" of 1 page random-ness ... I know a little silly but what I mean is I was never into the 2 page LO thing ... not because I didn't like it but I had a hard time with it! So I'm working on being able to create something more visually pleasing as opposed to 2 random pages next to each other.  This is what I made for St. Patty's Day!



I haven't pre-made a lot of pages, but I found that it allows me to be more creative.  I think it's because I'm doing what I think looks good and not getting caught up matching colors with the pictures ... yes I try to do that!


The other side of the page has a matching lower strip that I think makes the pages go well together when next to each other.



The shamrocks are the same size, some run through the Cuttlebug and then rubbed with a sanding block.  The others have a sticker from Hobby Lobby (by the Paper Studio) stuck in the middle and then I "stitched" what you could see of the green paper.  I put pop-dots behind these to give the pages more dimension.



Finally the title! Very simple and from the Designer's Calander cartridge! I used a gold gelly roll pen to stitch around the words to make them stand out from the page as the backround that I chose is very dark! The small shamrocks that are all over the pages were sprayed with Glimmer mist and fastened to the page with mini gold brads.

I had so much fun making this LO and I hope you enjoy! Keep stopping by to see the other projects that I've been working on ... FINALLY!

Happy Crafting!

~Meg


3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! I think you did great for being the "queen" of randomness!

    Jenny
    www.papercutcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love your randomness! We're two peas in a pod! I LOOVE this LO and I might be asking for your advice as I'm planning to break into LOs soon. Gorgeous LO Meg, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, thanks for the kind words!

    Trell, I'd love to help anytime, thanks for all the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete