Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

I hope the luck of the Irish is with each and everyone one of you today! And as they say, everyone can be Irish for a day!

This has to be one of my favorite holidays of the year! So what better way to start celebrating it, then with some festive cards!



I started out by cutting 2 shamrocks from my Gypsy/Cricut and went from there.  There was no planning, but rather looking at what was in front of me and not put away ha ha and seeing what looked good!

Both cards are the basic A2 size purchased at the local JoAnn Fabrics and then layed on top from there.



I picked up this cute sentiment from the dollar bin, and the bonus? It was half off, so I had paid 50 cents when I purchased it! I used it to create a boarder around the card and trimmed out the patterned paper in the middle with stickles.


This was another dollar bin deal at 50 cents for the pack! I love these kinds of deals!



My favorite part has to be the shamrocks on these cards! They're made with a white core textured paper from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby! My mom picked up the pack (a 6 x 12 in stack) and on the ride home pulled out some pages for me to try! I ran the shamrock through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder and then used my sanding block to further expose the white core.

*Note to my crafty friends! Any time I'm out shopping with friends or my mom if we find something great, paper stacks etc we share! It's a great way to expand your supply without busting the bank! Plus sometimes you end up with stuff you wouldn't normally buy, but end up loving it!

So there they are, 2 quick cards to start you off on this fabulous day!

Happy St. Patty's Day & Happy Crafting!

~Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment