Monday, October 3, 2011

MPS Christmas Card Challenge

Hi Everyone! I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend!

Per usual, it was pretty hectic around here this weekend.  Friday night we got together with my step-dad's side of the family at a local pizza place that's a favorite.  Saturday I did some things around the house and then Jon and I went to a vow renewal for family friends of ours, and finally Sunday was a friend of mine's, son's 5th birthday party! WOO! I need a weekend to catch up from my weekend!

I didn't have much crafting time, but did manage to make an entry for the Challenge Robyn had over at My Pink Stamper to make a Christmas Card ... Here's my entry!

I chose to make a simple card using the Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge for the Tree. The background paper is from a new Cloud 9 Mat Stack (which is larger then the normal size so that you don't have to cut down the picture at all if you don't want to!) I like it because it gives you a little extra paper to play with either on the inside of back of your card!


The "star" is a small wooden button that has brown floss tried in a knot on top.


On the back I used a "Priceless" stamp which I thought was cute and added a little finishing touch.  I hope to eventually find somewhere that makes custom stamps so that I can get one made with my own name =)


The sentiment is from a random Christmas stamp set that I realized I had around, although I'm in need for some new ones for sure!

So there you have it! My simple entry to the My Pink Stamper card challenge!

I hope you all get the time to be crafty today!

~Meg

3 comments:

  1. Hi Meg!!
    Such a beautiful card! TFS and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, I like the button you used on top!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice challenging idea, but what indicates that button on the top?

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete